Wednesday 25 November 2015

Forex and Yoga

Trading the Forex Market requires a lot of patience. Sometimes it feels like you are going the wrong way or sabotaging yourself. Other times you are entering a trade too early or exiting too late. Then there are those days where you see everything clearly but you don't act all. And my favorite days, when you are at peace with yourself and you everything just goes your way.



Recently I started practicing yoga 5 days a week again. And I'm not talking about the stereotypical stretching and a little bit of exercise, we're talking breath taking, challenging, omg I don't know why I do this, type of yoga.

Five years ago it all started with a Groupon (and I have to admit some hot babes), Yoga really help me work of some steam, relax, and provide some variety to my Boxing and Muay Thai Training at the time. About 1 year ago I was hopping around different Yoga places, it's not easy to find a great Yoga place here in Thailand, let alone a good one, and I started practicing 5 days a week, Ashtanga. I never had sweated so much (in a cold yoga room) and lost 10 lbs, got lean, felt great, and calm.

Six months ago I moved and given my new location and available yoga teachers, I ended up only being able to go 2 to 3 times a week. Better than nothing but definitely not as good as 5 days a week. What a difference it makes when you push yourself 5 days a week.

So what does that have to do with trading Forex? A few things...
  1. If you haven't done so in a while, commit to trading every day and see how it changes your trading style. Watch the market and get into the groove.
  2. Just like in Yoga, you will find bumping up your frequency of trading will push you further.
  3. Regular trading (and yoga) will give you confidence that with every new day, there will be a new opportunity to work on your trade (or your yoga pose).
  4. Every day becomes a learning experience. 
  5. Practice is the mother of skill.
If you haven't tried yoga then I highly recommend you try it!