Tuesday 12 May 2015

MT4 News Calendar Indicator

For those of you that have been using Metatrader 4 for a while, you will remember there were many MT4 News Calendar Indicators. With MT5 of course there is a built in function to show news.

The most popular MT4 News Calendar was the FFCal News Indicator.



What made it really stand out is that it's an indicator, so if you are crafty, you can modify the indicator and use it in your expert advisors, scripts, or just modify the indicator to your liking.

Unfortunately with the new release of Metatrader 5, the folks at MetaQuotes Software started modifying the MT4 builds and broke this indicator.    Support for it stopped and there was one other choice that surfaced, the NewsCal-v107.  It was good but source code was not available, so you had to use it as is, with it quirks and short comings.  Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT indicator.

The good news is that thanks to rod178 at ForexFactory, I got my hands on source code for a working MT4 FFCal News Calendar called "CalendarFX-I" and started making enhancements.

You can find the MT4 News Calendar mq4 and ex4 files here:
 
For the latest release check this Foum for new versions of CalendarFX-I:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8256565#post8256565

Kudos to traderathome, deVries, qFish, atstrader, rod178 for creating and keeping the FFCal News Indicator alive!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I just want to say tank you for this great indicator. The best news/calendar, IMHO.
    I think that this indicator deserves its own thread on Forex Factory forum, because it is completely different from all the others, and now you have to try to find it within a thread dedicated to a totally different indicator.

    Bye,
    Blueprint Trading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the brief information about mt4. Keep this nice posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post is always helpful I am always looking for these types of information like Forex calender. Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. When compiling mq4, it errors.

    code line 495 - ! illegal operation use.

    else if(!StringSubstr(mainData[newsIdx][TITLE],0,8)=="Daylight")
    {skip=true;}

    ReplyDelete
  5. It compiled fine for me. The compiled version is available above as well so use that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi,
    I have added this to my MT4 but nothing happens when I drag it onto a chart. It has a grey ball instead of a golden one a like the rest of the indicators, can any one help me with some advise on how to fix this please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Works fine for me. You need to copy the .ex4 to the indicator directory (not the .mql) and then refresh Navigator

    ReplyDelete

No spam or advertising please