Monday 25 May 2015

No Sexy Girls in Bikinis!

Monsoon season seems to have started here in Phuket.  It sure is coming down now and smells nice, it's as cool as a warm summer day in Canada.

This weather reminds me of when I lived in Vancouver, or Raincouver as we like to call it.  Actually those were some of my best trading days.

 
Rawai, Phuket, Thailand
 

Nowadays I have a hard time concentrating in the heat and with all the distractions Thailand has to offer.  So a little rain is quite welcome.

Next time you're analyzing your trades, consider your environment.  Where did you make your good / bad trades?  Were you in a coffee shop?  At home?  Was it hot? Rainy?  Cold?   Comfy office chair?  On the couch?   Don't laugh, it can make a difference.   Everyone seems to think you can just pull up a laptop and work anywhere.  If you can, kudos to you.  And if you are efficient, wow you are a super star.

As for me, I need a comfy office chair, a decent desk or kitchen table.   I can't do regular chairs.  I also need a decent temperature. Not too hot, not too cold.   Lots of Soda Water on hand, sometimes music, sometimes not.   And no distractions...

No sexy girls in bikinis!