Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas from Cambodia

Merry Christmas - Frohe Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad - สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส - រីករាយថ្ងៃបុណ្យណូអែល


It's that time of the year again.  For me Christmas is always a slow time of the year.  Kind of dead and boring.   Here in South East Asia at least we have good weather so I often forget it's Winter, let alone Christmas.  Sure, a stroll through the Christkindl Market in Vienna would be nice.  The sound of snow being crushed as you walk along amazing architecture and smell wood burning.  Or some downhill skiing in Canada in the Alberta Rocky Mountains.   I still prefer to stay warm.

The next week or two will likely be slow trading days.  Sure there might be some activity, but I say turn off your computer, take a break from trading, and do something to recharge your batteries.  You'll feel refreshed and alive again when you start trading.

I'm in Cambodia for Christmas and New Years.   A long overdue trip.  I'm meeting a friend and look forward to a couple weeks of playing tourist and to have a look at a potential new home.  Cambodia's visa laws and quiet athmosphere (in my opinion, what I expected Thailand to be like), make it very attractive to expats and digital nomads.  Perhaps a new home base for me.  It's close to Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand, so it presents itself with some great traveling opportunities.

Merry Christmas