Tuesday 20 January 2015

Taking a Time Out

Some days I am glued to the market and trade consistently every day. Other days I take a break.  And sometimes I just take a few days or a few weeks off.  I haven't made any trades since Christmas.  After coming back from Cambodia I just couldn't get into it.   It's kind of hard with the great weather we have been having too. hehe



It's almost been a month.  Is that a good thing?   That depends....

If you are not able to walk away from trading then you should be careful.  Trading can be addictive.  You should take regular breaks.  Just like working out or with sports, when you take a break, you let your body (in this case your mind) recuperate.  It's good to charge your batteries.  And when you come back, you will find that you are able to push yourself even further.  

After 2 weeks without yoga, not only was I able to get right back into it, but I found myself pushing myself harder and make major improvements.   My teachers and fellow yogis also thought so.

With trading it's the same.  Taking a break and coming back with a fresh outlook and clear mind is great.

Of course you also need to be able to financially support it.  If you are in a situation where it is trade or not eat then you should look at getting a job.  As a trader you should have 1 or 2 years worth of funds to live worry free.