Monday 22 February 2016

Google Play Store Keeps Crashing


The other day I dusted off my old Samsung Tablets to use them as an Alarm Clock for trading the Asian Forex Session and my older Samsung Tab 7 didn't want to update...

Technology is Great... When It Works!

There is nothing more painful than not being able to install or even update existing apps.  Every time I went to update "Market" (yep that's right, I bought it before Google Play Store was launched...) I get an error and have to do a force stop.

Then I started thinking ok, obviously I can't be the only one that has this issue and started searching and found some answers at Android Central, but despite there being some great tips, I was still stuck with the problem.

Then I got thinking, you know there has to be an apk for that!

So I googled, and sure enough found an Android Application Package (apk) for Google Play Store at apkmirror, an executable file that can be run to install apps, and installed it.

Now I'm back in business and can run Tune In Radio to stream my favorite music station, Toronto's 102.1 The Edge and not only that, but I can set it as an alarm to wake to and get up in time to catch the Asian Session.

PS:  If you are still unsuccessful getting your apps to work, then try searching for a Legacy APK.  For example google "Legacy APK Metatrader" or "Legacy APK Instagram" etc and search for an apk dated around the time your device was discontinued or matching your Android Version (found in Settings >> About Device)  and download and install.  It's a little time consuming but lets you at least use the apps!  

Another option is to try and getting someone to upgrade your device to a newer Android Version.