Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Ujjayi Breath

Yoga Breathing or Pranayama, is the foundation of your yoga practice.  This deepening of your breathing helps you stay focused and calm while doing yoga poses, especially difficult ones.  You will find "breathing" is the foundation for many sports and exercises, allowing to push yourself, and really enjoy your work out.

I was introduced Ujjayi Breath in Phuket at the Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Shala in Phuket when I first got into Ashtanga Yoga.   The instructors, a Russian couple were simply great and I really advanced my Yoga skills.  Ujjayi btw means victorious.

Breathing especially helped me advance my practice, it's funny how some of the most important fundamentals, that we do without thinking, are often overlooked, never mind improved or perfected. 


 
Lately I have been finding myself applying breathing exercises when I hit the gym.  I have been bulking up a little, following the "Body for Life" plan that I followed back in the day, alternating days of cardio and weight training with a simple meal plan.
 
So circling back like a Seinfeld episode, what does Ujjayi Breath have to do with Forex?  Well if you want to be "victorious" in trading you need to have to be calm and focused. While breathing can help here too, it can go "deeper".  A set of systems, safeguards, and standard operating procedures. And a lot of analysis.   What exactly depends on you.  Just stay calm, and keep trading ;)