Thursday 19 May 2016

Cabin Fever

How do you like my new office here in Vienna Austria?

http://www.instagram.com/forextaurus
 
This is one of the best tips I have gotten here in Europe.  Visit a library, there are plenty of desks with power plugs and free internet.  I totally forgot how libraries here have "Lesesaals" (Reading Halls) that are used by students to get away somewhere to study in peace and quiet.   They are free to boot.

I used to be able to trade from home, I remember spending many mornings in Vancouver in my pj's trading the US Market from about 6am to 10am and then chatting with traders till the Asian open around 4pm where I would take a break.

It was fun at first but soon I started feeling drained, bored, and had signs of cabin fever.  Still do.  I go stir-crazy in the same place for too long.  I also like public places or offices as it forces me to put my head down and work, no distractions and interruptions.

Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery to get a new outlook on life.   Same goes for trading.  Change your currency, try a different chart template, and look for technical patterns that you can repeat. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam or advertising please